St. Mary’s RC School Governors are enthusiastic and committed people who ensure the requirements of the national curriculum are met by the school and set targets, monitor achievement and ensure standards are improving. They also make important decisions on school budget and how money will be spent. Our Governors are drawn from the wider community who have an interest in education and a useful contribution to make. They include educationalists, business people, representatives of local community groups and religious bodies.
What does St Mary’s Governing Body do?
Together with the Headteacher, they:
- Decide the aims and objectives for the school
- Review pupils’ achievement and set targets for improvement
- Approve the school budget
- Make decisions about staffing
- Ensure the national curriculum and religious education are taught
- Approve school policies
- Make sure children with special needs have access to the curriculum
- Act as a link between the school and the community it serves
- Keep parents informed
- Consider complaints from parents
- Ensure the school is well maintained
- Ensure health & safety requirements are met.
Governors of St Mary’s School
Full information on Governors’ duties and responsibilities may be found here (PDF document 54K)
All Governors are contactable through the school if you have issues you would like to discuss with them.